Friday, January 30, 2009

My journey begins...

Welp.. It's almost here. Feb 1st is my official start date for really getting clean and lean (I wanted to enjoy all the FOOD that goes along with the Superbowl) ;o)

I have always admired bodybuilders both men and women, for the dedication it takes, the time the put in, their effort, their willpower. I have been watching women's compititions for numerous years but always thought I could never achieve what they have. Then a wise woman told me "Don't be jealous/angry of what someone else has unless you're willing to do the work they did to get it". Thanks Joyce!!! So, the journey begins.......

I started my journey because I wanted to lose some baby weight (twins) that I had leftover from the pregnancy. Truthfully, I just wanted to look good in a bathing suit again. After being 210lbs, I couldn't take it anymore. I'm a young woman and I want to look and feel that way for a long time to come. I started really hitting the gym and the weights in Jan of 2007. Once I got in the gym, I remembered what I had loved about it (I had worked out previosuly) and I was hooked all over again. I saw minimal results but not enough for my wishes, so I kept going. Now... a year later (I know, I know) I'm really committing myself to this process, this journey and this time, I will succeed. I don't have much body fat to lose (or so I think), I really want to gain more muscle and get clean, lean and mean! My goal in the next few years is to get into the best shape of my life, be in a fitness magazine and start my business of fitness for life. I want other moms like me, to know it's ok to take some time for themselves, know it can be done and to not be afraid to ask for help (I still ask for help!) I want everyone to know their full potential and we can get there, together!

Come with me on this weightloss, muslce gain, lifestyle change journey. If I can do it, you can do it too! I'm a mother of 4...come on ladies.... join me, let's change the way "mom's" are perceived! We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment